Monday, November 3, 2008

Response to Unprecedented

After watching the movie- Unprecedented, I was more in shock than I could have imagined I'd be in. When I was younger and it the election in Florida was being talked about, I just listened. I only half got what the adults were talking about. However, after watching that movie and learning how cruel the act was of not letting people vote, I was disgusted. From finding people with a similar name or the same name but in a different district as a felon, and taking their vote away seems a little ridiculous to me. Using the electric voting system should be banned for good. What was done in 2000 was unconstitutional and wrong. Then to give a time limit for the districts to recount and figure it out for the democratic party was also wrong. If the republicans were so confident that they were going to win, who cares how long they have to recount. There were thousands of peoples votes being thrown out and/or people being told they were not eligible to vote who have been voting for years. I believe it could happen again because our government is corrupt, and the presidential race becomes out of control and people do anything to win. Voting should be done on paper, and everyone should be able to vote no matter what their race or sex. Threats should not be allowed and the 2000 election should have been redone or postponed to a later date.

No comments: